New Site Address: http://abap.mirrorz.com
OK Code Values
Other Useful Tips
SAP and ABAP Links
Site Map (Index)
ABAP Keyword Help
Prevent user from submitting jobs more than once
Here is a program that was provided by SAP Hints and Tips on Configuration and ABAP/4 (http://sapr3.tripod.com). The purpose of this program is to see if a program has already been submitted and is running. If the program is running, issue an error message in the job log.
Source Code Listing
* Written by :
* SAP Hints and Tips on Configuration and ABAP/4
* For some background update jobs, you might want to stop the
* user from submitting the jobs twice.
* Do this checks to prevent the users from submitting the
* same background job twice.
* Perform the checks before starting your programs.
* Create a MESSAGE-ID, the program will issue an error message
* in the Job logs.
tables: tbtco. "Job status overview table
data: t_jobcnt(1) type n,
t_sdluname like tbtco-sdluname,
t_strtdate like tbtco-strtdate,
t_strttime like tbtco-strttime.
select * from tbtco where jobname = 'ZXXX'
and strtdate = sy-datum
and status = 'R'.
t_jobcnt = t_jobcnt + 1.
if t_jobcnt = 1.
t_sdluname = tbtco-sdluname.
t_strtdate = tbtco-strtdate.
t_strttime = tbtco-strttime.
if sy-subrc = 0.
if t_jobcnt < 1.
message e899 with t_sdluname 'have execute the program on'